If you need to report a claim, CONTACT US on (07) 4638 4233 during office hours and 0408 717 733 after hours
Toll free: 1800 076 277
Fax: (07) 4638 3369
When the unexpected happens, it is important to follow the following steps to minimize the impact to yourself and/or your business as well as ensure a speedy claims process.
1. Report the incident to us by phone, fax or email within 24 hours of the incident.
2. Regardless of whether or not the claim has been reported or a loss assessor appointed, you must immediately do whatever is necessary to prevent further loss of life or property damage. For example:
- Call the fire brigade, ambulance, police or other appropriate emergency service.
- If necessary, ensure the evacuation of staff and neighbours.
- If critical machinery fails, commence investigations to locate replacement plant or services.
- Have a security company install boarding over smashed windows and, if appropriate, employ an overnight security watchman.
- Remove property that is exposed to further loss or damage to a more secure place if possible.
- Providing no danger to life or limb is involved, ensure the safe removal and storage of vital business records.
3. Our office will provide you with information on how to lodge your claim. Most Domestic type policies including Home and Motor Vehicle Insurance do not require you to complete a written claim form and these claims can be lodged over the phone.
4. If written claim forms are required, complete all claims documentation as soon as possible and return to us with any supporting documents.
5. Whatever the circumstances of the incident, DO NOT ADMIT LIABILITY EVEN IF YOU THINK YOU ARE AT FAULT. Your Insurer is entitled to deny a claim or pay a reduced amount if statements made by you or your employees prejudice the Insurer’s position.